Thursday, September 9, 2010

"The Well" is a great ministry . . .

"The Well" is a bi-monthly dinner meeting for the women of our church and guests and friends they invite. Attendance ranges between 180-240 women, who come for a great dinner, followed by a performance by a musical guest. This is followed by the main speaker for the evening, such as a noted woman author or speaker.

Participants gather on the 2nd Thursday each month they meet . . . when us guitar guys are having a jam session elsewhere in the building.

I had the honor and privilege of being the musical "guest" for the meeting tonight, and was followed by my friend and fellow pastor, Dr. Cindy Ryan. Cindy was in here element. Besides Chris back in the sound booth, I was the only guy sitting with the women.

And for the record, I had a great time!!!! Truth is, Cindy Ryan is one of my favorite speakers to listen to.
After a wonderful introduction by Trudy Hughes (especially since she could have told how that of all the staff we have, I qualify best for "the accident waiting to happen"), I opened with Jerry Reed's "A Thing Called Love." When I finished, I looked at Cindy and said, "This is the first time in my life that I've had 246 women between me and the door!"

It's the truth!

I then lead a good old fashioned group singing of "Puff the Magic Dragon," which ended up being a great song considering the topic Cindy talked about. I closed with an old gospel hymn from the 1850's, "The Great Physician."
Personally for me, it was a wonderful experience. In fact, it began a period of time where I am going to be doing a lot of solo stuff as I try to finish up my theraputic music entertainment apprenticeship through Hugworks.org. Hope to have that done soon after Christmas.

So, a good time was had by all . . . and I made it out the door. Didn't due half-bad, or at least that is what everyone said.

I will take that as a win-win by all who attended.
It was fun!

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...