Thursday, September 23, 2010

Just being able to "breathe" . . .

I think most of us take many things for granted most every day.

I personally think that many of us take one particular thing for granted.

Breathing.

I know I do, unless I have a stopped-up nose or sinus problems.

For people suffering from Pulmonary Fibrosis . . . they live in fear about getting their next breath.
On Tuesday evening a week ago, I officiated at a memorial service for a church member, retired police officer, and friend, Rob Neff. He died from complications arising out of his having pulmonary fibrosis. He died before he could get a lung transplant.

I watched Rob proceed toward death. And, I felt pretty helpless. At the request of Barbara, Robb's wife, friends of Rob have started wearing a "Breathe" wrist band. For a $3 donation, you can get one through www.pulmonaryfibrosis.org, or click here.

It's the least I can do for a friend, church member, and fellow law enforcement family brother.
In Genesis, we read the creation story where God breathed in the breath into Adam.
In the Old Testament, the Jewish name for God is a listing of consonants (YHWH) which make up the word, "Yahweh."
Say that 4 or 5 times. It occured to me that the Jewish name for God sounds like someone inhaling and then exhaling a breath.
God is breath!
I don't think I will ever again take breathing so lightly.
Please consider the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation as being worthy of your contributions and support. If you know of someone who has pulmonary fibrosis, then show your support by getting a bracelet.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...